On Monday morning (28 Nov 16) Alex was complaining of sore ears. As he's mentioned this a few times over the weekend I thought it best to get him checked at the doctor. As usual, I rung at 8am and was able to get an appointment for 8.45, so he could be seen before daycare.
We went to the doctor as normal and Dr Mathias checked Alex. As you had said your ears were sore in the car I asked him to check yours as well - you'd been on antibiotics for ear infections every other week since about June - yours had some fluid but were otherwise ok. We left and took Alex to daycare as normal.
Driving home from daycare (just Johnsonville to Churton Park - about 7mins drive), you started falling asleep in the car. This was just after 9.30 in the morning. Jack had also fallen asleep, but you woke by the time we pulled into the driveway. Jack woke quickly once inside in his car seat and I was annoyed as you were being very whingy, so I bustled us back into the car and we went to the Johnsonville Mall. After parking and getting Jack in the Maclaren you refused to walk, insisting I carry you. I carried you while we found slip on shoes for Jack, but switched you into the pushchair and carried Jack around the supermarket. We headed home and I tried to get you to eat lunch (toast and fruit), but you weren't interested - not unusual for you. After a while I stopped trying to offer you more food and we had a quiet afternoon watching tv while Jack slept and played with your toys.
We picked up Alex early so we could try to take some Christmas photos before dinner. You weren't keen to have your photo taken initially, but soon came round and I managed to get some cute photos of the three of you.
On Tuesday Alex was home from daycare as was normal for our schedule, and we had his second school visit scheduled - starting at 9am. As it was a nice day we decided to walk down as you were keen to go in your pushchair (you love walks) and Jack needed to sleep (I'd decided to use the Moby wrap for the nap during the visit) - Alex was grumpy to start with as he didn't want to walk!
We got to school early and Alex was quickly off with kids he knew so we left him to it and went to read books in the library. After about 30 minutes the library started getting busy so we headed out to the playground where I pushed you on the swings for ages before you ran around the fort playing 'shops' selling me coffee and ice cream. We went into the common room and ate our morning tea before finishing reading more books in the library. Once Alex had finished (at 11am) we walked home and had another quiet afternoon.
Later that evening once you were all in bed (and I'd decided not to bother going for a run!) daddy and I were watching tv in our room when I heard you crying out. I hadn't long had Jack in bed, but with you in Alex's room I thought I'd get to you quickly so you didn't wake Alex. When I got to you you were soaked with sweat and had wet the bed - something you had done only a couple of times since leaving nappies behind in January. I picked up you and got you changed, took your temperature (39.4) and gave you some medicine. You lay in our bed while I quickly changed your sheets.
As you obviously weren't well I told daddy you were staying in our bed tonight and you snuggled close to me before falling asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.